Small and personal ways that redefined the perception often associated with age and beauty – a 2018 Writing / Video Submission Contest presented by ArianaLashes.com for a chance to win a 500 USD Global Scholarship
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Here at ArianaLashes, we know the importance of school but also know that the road to pursuing a diploma can be plagued with a lot of expenses. It can be a tough journey ahead financially, especially on your own. Expenses ranging from school supplies, to rent expenses, to the actual food you have to buy so you can survive those harrowingly long weeknights studying for pop quizzes; school life never seems to have an end when it comes to financial costs.
We are proud to open an annual contest with the goal of assisting students with their academic expenses wherever they may be in the world. Write an essay or record yourself in a video presentation, and you may win a 500 USD scholarship for any school of your choice! The challenge we are offering is a simple one. Tell us what small or personal way you have redefined the perception often associated with age and beauty. Impress us with your idea and your passion for learning, and you just might be selected as the winner of this yearly event! The winner gets 500 USD for the school of their choice, which they can use in that institution for whatever purpose they see fit. The deadline will be the 1st of August annually, with one winner being chosen by our staff on the first week of September.
Interested applicants must be applicable under the following criteria:
- Interested applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 25, and must be currently enrolled at the College level
- Applicants must be students currently attending an official university or college in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be in good academic standing with their current institution
- This is a global competition open to all site members, with possible course and school recipients not only being limited to the United States
- Essay entries must be sent to our site before the 1st of August 2018, with the corresponding files sent to 2018Scholarship@com
- Students wanting to participate are required to include at least one Letter of Recommendation along with their entry
- All interested students currently under any major or field can apply for the scholarship. To be able to join in the contest however, the student must demonstrate the need for financial assistance in their current studies.
- Your completed application should include (1) Personal Information (2) 1000 Word Essay or a 2 Minute Video Presentation
- If anything is missing in your submission, your application will not be considered
Participants have the choice to either write about the topic, or talk about it in front of a camera through a video presentation. Each person can choose whichever method they feel would better get the message across. Submissions can be presented in either the English or Spanish language.
In your entry, create an essay or video presentation about the following topic:
Society’s view on age is often associated with beauty. The older someone is, the less they are perceived to be beautiful. A large number of beauty products have targeted these demographics, offering ways to look young and stay that way. In what small or personal way have you redefined the perception often associated with age and beauty?
- Minimum of 1000 words
- At least one page in length
- Using Times New Roman Font with a Font size of 12
- At least 2 minutes in length
- Additional English Subtitles if you are using Spanish for your entry
Along with the essay or video, send in additional information which include:
- Your Full Name
- University or College currently attending
- College Transcript
- Anticipated graduation date
- Letter of Recommendation from one of the faculty staff
- Link to your LinkedIn (or other social media profile) to prove that you are currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
The deadline for the submission of entries is the 1st of August 2018. Please make sure all necessary paperwork are sent in before then. The scholarship reward recipient will be chosen on the 1st of September 2018, with the funds being delivered to the winner’s school financial aid department.
The $500 reward will be sent directly to the school of their choice after establishing and confirming the parties involved. An email will be sent to the winning contestant for confirmation, and their name and/or photo will be displayed and showcased on our website solely for the purposes of promoting this official scholarship competition and completion.
All private and personal information sent to us via this competition will not be shared with anyone for marketing and other commercial purposes. Elements of the essays will not be given, sold, or shared to any party outside the commission delegated in going through the entries and choosing the winner.
So to our interested site members, good luck and happy writing/recording!